Birmingham Masons / Warwickshire Freemasons | Lodge of Happiness
Freemasonry in Warwickshire has a proud tradition stretching back nearly 300 years. The earliest recorded meeting of a Lodge in Warwickshire was for the ‘constitution’ of a Lodge on 22 April 1728 at The Woolpack in Warwick when James Prescot, Provincial Grand Master, was present. The Reverend Greenwood, the Vicar of St Mary’s Church, Warwick, was the first Master, his Wardens being Mr Stephen Heath and Mr Francis Smith.
Warwickshire Provincial Grand Lodge is our regional governing body and governs Masonry within Warwickshire’s historic county boundary. The provincial headquarters are at the Clarendon Suites in Edgbaston, Birmingham – our lodge meets Severn Street Masonic Hall (see address below or our contact us page.) There are around 4,500 Masons in Warwickshire divided amongst some 190 lodges meeting at 17 venues across the county.
Why not have a look at the Warwickshire Provincial Newsletter
This Map shows the area of Warwickshire Provincial Grand Lodge. The light blue area became part of the West Midlands in 1974, leaving the dark blue area as the present day Warwickshire.
According to Wikipedia, Birmingham is the most populace city in Britain after London.
For a larger version of the above Provincial map or for a look at where other Warwickshire Lodges meet, why not have a look at this map of where Freemason Lodges meet in Warwickshire.